Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Unscheduled Blogging Break

 
 I took an unscheduled blogging break recently. I just wasn't in the mood to write up any posts... so I didn't. This blog is fun for me, and I don't want it to become a chore. Instead, I took a few weeks months off and concentrated on some other exciting happenings in my life: the end of my first year teaching kindergarten (yay for summer break!) and moving into my new house! I have been taking my time off work to do some projects around the house, and making it into our home. It is taking some time, and I have been able to do some small things (I painted the cabinets in the bathrooms!), but what I love the most about having our own house - decorating! I like taking the time to think about each space and what I want it to look like. Even though we aren't even close to getting the house where I want it to be - I am thinking ahead and planning even the smallest of spaces.

Enough about the house - let's move on to the reason for this blog: my knitting! I haven't been knitting as much recently since the house is keeping me busy, but I have completed a few projects that I haven't shared with you yet:

Thora Socks:
Yarn: SweetGeorgia's Tough Love Sock in Ultra Violet
Needle Size: 1 1/2 US (2.5mm) 9" circular needles
Pattern Source: Thora from  A Knitted Sock Society by Rachel Coopey


MoonNight:
Yarn: Regia's Design Line by Arne and Carlos in Moon Night
Needle Size: US 2 (2.75mm) 9" circular needles
Pattern Source: My own pattern - I will make it available soon (for free!)
 
Red Socks for Him:
Yarn: Opal's Rainforest in Fiona Die Geigerin
Needle Size: US 2 (2.75mm) 9" circular needles
Pattern Source: My own pattern - I will make it available soon (for free!)


Her Socks:
Yarn: Regia's Design Line by Arne and Carlos in Star Night
Needle Size: US 2 (2.75mm) 9" circular needles
Pattern Source: My own pattern - I will make it available soon (for free!)

Yes you read that right - I will be releasing my own vanilla sock pattern soon! I know everyone has one, but I love the way my socks turned out so I wanted to share how I made them with everyone. They make socks that are really comfy - they are not tight, but perfect for lounging on cold winter days. I will be putting it up on Ravelry soon and I will let you know when I do!

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment